WELCOME

Welcome to my Blog.......The best tips on net for tennis. Click here, if VISITING FOR THE FIRST TIME.
Also dont forget to visit my new website WWW.BHARATVERMA.IN


Support Us

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Use your warm wisely

For lots of players the warm-up before a tennis match is just that: an opportunity to get warm and loose before the action begins. Of course, that’s a big part of it, but savvy players know it’s more. In fact, for many good competitors the strategizing begins in the warm up. Try to:

Gauge your game – My game is built around my forehand, and I usually know once the warm-up is underway how well I’ll perform off that wing and I tailor my game plan accordingly, at least for the first set or so. If my forehand is on I know I can play more aggressively from the outset and afford to take more chances. If I’m misfiring on that side I immediately start to get myself into the mindset of playing more patiently and waiting for my openings.

Scout your opponent – One of the oldest tricks in the game is to hit down the middle to the other guy during the warm-up and see whether he moves to his forehand or backhand. Usually, the side he picks is the stroke he’s most comfortable with and you should plan accordingly. Pay attention also to your opponent’s volleys. If he gives short shrift to his net game during the warm-up you can bet he’s not going to be too inclined to come in very often when the match gets tight. We tend to favor those aspects of our game that we’re most comfortable with during the warm-up, so take note of your opponent’s tendencies.

No comments: